How to use Zoom,Google meet and Skype:May 8, 2020
Due to COVID-19 situation everybody is stuck at home. There are many ways to get connect to your friends, family and office colleagues. You may want to save a recording of the meeting so you can revisit it later. That could let you listen to a teacher’s lecture again. That’s if you forget any important point in lecture. You can also announce any important news there with your friends and family. There are many apps by which you can connect with them it includes Zoom, Google meet, Skype etc. In this post I will tell how to use them.
On zoom app you can record calls whether you’re a free user or a paid user. If you’re a free user, you’ll only be able to save recordings to your computer. If you want to save recordings to the cloud, then you need to pay money for it. It provides videotelephony and online chat services through a cloud-based peer-to-peer software platform and is used for teleconferencing, telecommuting etc. Zoom is noted for its simple interface and usability, specifically for non-tech people. Features include one-on-one meetings, group video conferences, screen sharing, plugins, browser extensions. And the ability to record meetings and have them automatically transcribed. Zoom is compatible with Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Linux.
How to record a meeting on Zoom:
- If you’re the host of your Zoom call, click the record button on the toolbar at the bottom of the call window to start the recording.
- When the recording starts, you’ll be able to pause or stop the recording using buttons in the top left corner of your screen or on the Zoom toolbar.
- If you going for a local recording, the call will be converted into a .mp4 file and saved to your computer as soon as you end your meeting. In my testing, it automatically opened the Finder window to the folder with both audio and video versions of the recording.
- If you going for a cloud recording, when you end your meeting, Zoom will show you a message saying that you’ll get an email when the recording is ready. That email had a link to Zoom’s website with audio and video versions of the recording, and they will give you password protected ink to view audio and video recording.
Google Meet is a video conferencing app. It is the business-oriented version of Google’s Hangouts platform and is suitable for businesses of all sizes. The solution enables users to make video calls with up to 30 users per high-definition video meeting.
How to record a meeting on Google Meet:
- If you are in the meeting, click the icon with the three vertical dots in the lower right hand of your screen. Menu will appear on screen, and on the top of it, you will see a “Record meeting” option. Click that to start recording. The organizer can host this meeting.
- To stop recording, click the three vertical dots again. Click on “Stop recording” menu option at the top of the list.
- Recordings will be saved to the meeting organizer’s Google Drive in “Meet Recordings”. The organizer will also receive an email with a link to the recording.
Skype is a telecommunications application that specializes in providing video chat and voice calls between computers, tablets, mobile devices, the Xbox One console, and smartwatches over the Internet. It also provides instant messaging services. Users may transmit text, video, audio and images. Skype allows video conference calls.
How to record a meeting on Skype:
- At least one person is needed to have a call on skype. Once the other person has joined, you should see an option to “Start Recording” in the bottom left corner of your call window when you move your mouse. Either person can click on that to start a recording.
- To stop recording, click the “Stop recording” button at the top of the screen or in the same bottom left corner of the window where the “Start Recording” button was.
- When you end your call, you’ll be able to access the recording in the Skype app and download it to your computer. Recordings will be available for 30 days.
Click here to read more similar blogs on our website.